What makes a Seniors on The Move different from a moving company?
- At Seniors On The Move you can choose from a number of unique services to make your move as a simple and easy as possible for you, from making a floor plan to ensure your furniture fits your new space to making your bed and setting up your beside tablet he way you have always had it so your new home feels comfortable and familiar to you from day one.
- With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
- At Seniors On The Move we do so much more than simply sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy and enthusiasm, we take the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The client's job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.
What does it mean by “Certified” Move Manager?
- At Seniors On The Move we became certified by successfully completing the Certified Relocation and Transition Specialist (CRTS) Certification course.
- The CRTS Training specializes in the seamless approach to reduce stress and produce quality results focusing on client-based services that are personalized to meet the individual client's needs and preferences.
- At Seniors On The Move we are also proud members of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) and have met the NASMM standards of insurance and experience requirements prior to acceptance. As NASMM members we are committed to ongoing educational training which must reflect the NASMM commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
- We follow the NASMM Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice which can be viewed at their website NASMM.org
What is Senior Move Manager?
A Senior Move Manager is professionally trained to assist older adults and their families with the physical and emotional aspects of moving or "aging in place." At Seniors On The Move we are committed to providing the best possible service while performing such meaningful work.
How much do Senior Move Management services cost?
- Although it is virtually impossible to calculate exactly what a specific move might cost, Seniors On The Move will provide you with an written estimate when considering our services which is estimated based on the number of services you request, how much property has been gathered over the years and how much property is to be moved.
- At Seniors On The Move we will provide you with an written estimate based on the services you request. If you choose to hire us, each week we will provide you with a written tally of the work provided work to date and the costs associated. Together we will review and prioritize what further assistance you would like, in consideration of the best value for your budget.
I have family and friends who would like to help, is that possible and how would that work?
Absolutely! Our ultimate goal is to make this as simple as possible for you. Although we list a number of services you can pick only the services you require.